Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cool Toys and "Web 2.0 or Star Wars" quiz

Ok, let me just start off by saying that there is nothing wrong with my Flickr badge on my blog menu. For all of those who keep telling me it doesn't work it is because you're still using crappy Internet Explorer which I've been ranting about in previous blogs. So please switch over to "Firefox" (it's FREE) and avoid all these dumbass stupidities that IE is known for causing.

Alright now that I've gotten that out of my system lets get back to what's important here and that's toys...Yes...toys. My patients at work were laughing at me cause I told them I still buy toys if they're cool. Honestly, has anyone check out the toys kids play with these days? Most of them are freakin cool. Now nothing can ever beat G.I.Joe's, Transformer's and Ninja Turtle action figures from the 80's (those rocked!!) but when you look at some of the stuff coming out nowadays you can't help but say "Woooooo", such as my superposable Spider-Man action figure that has over 30 points of articulations!! Seriously, who can resist?? Let's take Lego for example, back then you had the basic themes, Space, City and Medieval....BUT now we have Star Wars Lego, Spider-Man lego, heck they even got Batman lego now!?! I'm not afraid to admit that I actually collect Star Wars lego (c'mon it's freakin Star Wars in lego form!!), you can all laugh but really how many of you actually wished they had something like this back when you were kids? Besides how can I give up the chance to own Chewbacca, Darth Vader or Han Solo in lego form? I even have Jabba's Palace set with Princess Leia in her skimpy bikini in Lego form, haha. Even Transformers have gotten cooler with Takara (Japanese toy manufacturer) coming out with the Binal-Tech series where they took original Transformer characters but now made them transform into modern cars that you and I drive or see (I actually have Smokescreen and Bluestreak, both turn into Subaru Impreza WRX's). They're 1/24 scale with multiple articulations in robot mode and are diecast (not cheap ass plastic) which jacks up the price making it definately an adult toy/collectible. So toys aren't necessarily made for kids even if it does say "For ages 8-12". I'm pretty sure some of the people who makes these toys had our generation in mind when coming out with new products.

Anyhoo check out this neat quiz called Web 2.0 or Star Wars Characters. It's a quiz where you have to be able to distinguish between Web 2.0 names and Star Wars names. I actully got 42 out of 43.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]VQNNxMExhkZd[/url] , AevhmYPh , http://pyfnknfrtw.com

February 13, 2013 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home