Thursday, April 20, 2006

Chocoreto san mai kudasai

If anyone was wondering why there was no post last week it because I was busy stuffing myself with Easter chocolate (mmm...chocolate). Speaking of Easter, who actually celebrates Easter (I hear cricket noises)? I'm only asking cause my patients at work all asked me what I did for Easter and whether I celebrate it...which made me realize that I don't actually know anyone that actually celebrates Easter. For most of us it's just another holiday and an excuse to buy a pound of Cadbury chocolate mini eggs...

In other news, I got a whole new computer + 17" LCD monitor last weekend at Best Buy. I eventually settled on a HP AMD Athlon 3800+ 2.4GHz, which included 1GB of RAM, 200GB hardrive, nVidia 256MB GeForce video card (hoped it had a ATI Radeon instead), a DVD writer, a snazzy new keyboard and a bunch of USB and Firewire ports (front and back). So now I have the hardware to edit my videos with...now I just have to wait to get the software (Premiere Pro 1.5 or 2.0 and After Effects) and learn how to use it before we go film our first episode, which will be soon..hopefully.

So right now all we have left to get is a tripod, a domain name and site to host our podcast (most likely Typepad). Right after we get those we'll finalize the structure of the show and hopefully shoot our first episode in late May or June, so stay tuned for more updates!

Anyhoo I discovered a site, "flagrantdisregard.com Flickr toys" where you can take your digital pictures and make all kinds of personal posters, movie posters, magazine covers, calendars and a bunch of other cool things with. They have 3 sizes you can choose from after you made it, 8x10 ($12), 11x14 ($14) & 16x20 ($30) and shipping is free. I personally like the movie poster option. You can check out a Motivation poster I made for fun while playing around on the site posted on my Flickr photos page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home